India has some of the most exotic and incredibly scenic beaches. These beaches represent beauty, serenity and nature’s love. Beach is an excellent destination for honeymooners and for families going for vacation. There are a multitude of adventurous water activities to enjoy on a beach.
Find below some of the gorgeous beaches spread across different states. A word of caution, India has so many beautiful beaches that what you will find in this article would be just a very small representation of what India has to offer:
1) Baga Beach, Goa: it is located in North Goa and is one of the most happening beaches in India. It is a prime location for tourists and your trip to Goa is incomplete without visiting here. It is very popular for its nightlife, restaurants serving relishing sea food and fun-filled beach parties. It also offers water sports like windsurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, water skiing and parasailing. This beach gives you a spectacular view of sunset. Yan can also enjoy fishing here.
2) Colva Beach, Goa: Located in South Goa, it is the largest, most spectacular and top beaches in Goa. The white sand, thick coconut palms and water sport activities make it popular among the tourists. It is also very famous for its rave parties. The nightlife here is vibrant and full of excitement.
3) Digha Beach, West Bengal: It is a stunning beach in West Bengal, located at the Northern end of the Bay of Bengal. It has two parts:
- Old Digha Beach, which has an unmatched beauty is the most popular among tourists.
- New Digha Beach is mainly for couples seeking privacy.
Digha Beach is also a famous sea resort where sea is serene and shallow. You can get a wonderful view of the Bay of Bengal from here. This beach is safe for performing activities like swimming, surfing, jet skiing and scuba diving.
4) Dhanushkodi Beach, Rameshwaram (Tamil Nadu): It is very calm, serene and one of the best beaches in India. The awesome views of sunrise and sunset here will leave you dumbstruck. It is very popular among visitors who want to indulge in sea-surfing. Mukundharyar Chattram region of this shore is safe for bathing and playing in high tide.
5) Kovalam Beach, Kerala: Located on the shores of Arabian Sea, this is a very beautiful beach and popular among the tourists. It is known as the ‘Paradise of the South’. This beach has ‘grove of coconut trees’ which offers magnificent views of endless sight of coconut trees. Kovalam has three beaches:
- Lighthouse Beach: it offers a mesmerizing sight of Vizhinjam Mosque.
- Samudra Beach: Located on the Northern side is a lovely place for hangout.
- Eve’s Beach: It is an ideal place to spend a quiet evening.
Kovalam has many yoga resorts and Ayurvedic massage centers. You can enjoy various sports and water activities here like fishing, swimming, kayaking, water skiing and cultural programs too.
6) Radhanagar Beach, Andamans: This is a very beautiful beach and is popularly known Beach 7. It is simply outstanding and a must visit on your trip to Andaman. It is the seventh best beach in the world and one of the best beaches in Asia. The sand here is silky white and grainy and the sea is turquoise blue. Thus, giving the feel of being in the lap of nature. It has superb coral reefs and offers exciting opportunities for snorkeling.
India has been blessed with some of the most picturesque beaches. So, get ready to indulge yourself in the most exciting, thrilling and placid beach experience. Come and see for yourself the bounties of nature.